One of the best facilitators and organizers in the nonprofit world, Allen Gunn (aka Gunner) will be hosting Aspiration's Penguin Day San Francisco on Saturday April 25th. I will be participating and facilitating a discussion around CiviCRM and Salesforce.
At $35 for a full day, this is one of the best bargains in nonprofit technology education.
Sessions will include:
* Introduction to Free and Open Source Software
* Introduction to Free and Open Source Desktop Applications
* Free And Open Source Online Advocacy: Tools And Best Practices
* Online Fundraising With All Free and Open Tools
* Introduction to Linux
* Making sense of Free and
* Introduction to Blogging with Wordpress
* Intro and Advanced sessions on Joomla! and Drupal
* Intro to CiviCRM 2.0 + CiviCRM 2.0 - Advanced Topics
* CiviCRM vs Salesforce.com: What Are the Differences?
* Increasing Access with Community Broadband in SF
* Learnings from Google Summers of Code
* Mobile Volunteering: The ExtraOrdinaries Project
* Healthy and Sustainable Free and Open Source Communities
* Helping Techies and Non-Techies Communicate and Cooperate
* Creative Commons And Open Content
* Free and Open Source Firewalls
Penguin Day San Francisco is happening at the Odd Fellows Hall at 7th and Market Street, in the heart of downtown.
For more information and to register go to www.penguinday.org
I hope to see you there!