Please join the discussion on these in the NTEN Affinity Group NP Tech Professional Principles
[To encourage all discussion and comments to occur in that forum I will not be accepting comments on this particular post]
Principles/Code of Conduct
We, as nonprofit-focused technology professionals, pledge to:
1. Do No Harm to Data or Devices Containing Data
2. Appreciate and Respect an Organization’s Character and Adapt Our Approaches Appropriately
3. Focus On Solutions Appropriate to An Organization’s Culture, Context and Resources
4. Explain Technology Tools And Strategies In Clear, Non-Technical Language
5. Communicate Applicable Legal And Best Practice Requirements Related to Our Work
6. Engage in Continuous Learning Practices to Maintain Our Skills and Knowledge
7. Regularly Participate In and Share Our Knowledge With Our Community
8. Maintain Ethical Practices and Declare Any Conflicts of Interest
9. If We Charge For Our Services, To Be Transparent About Pricing and Costs
When commenting please remember:
is just a baseline – version 1.0. There will likely be future editions,
so this doesn’t need to be perfect for all time, just a solid start.
principles need to be applicable to all nonprofit technology
professionals, including nonprofit staff, consultants, technology
support organizations, vendors, and volunteers.
The principles need to be applicable across areas of focus, US geographic region, specialty, services and tools.
- Further details will be articulated by the community in “What These Mean to Me” documents in the Affinity Group library. So these need not incorporate all the details they imply.